Silver Hair A Handbook by Lorraine Massey & Michelle Bender
A staggering 75% of women admit to dyeing their hair. A woman who colors her hair over the next four decades may shell out an estimated $70,000 in Los Angeles, $52,000 in New York City, or $42,000 in Minneapolis--the equivalent to a down payment on a house!
Enter Lorraine Massey, pioneer of the curly hair movement, who teaches readers to embrace their inner hue with SILVER HAIR: SAY GOODBYE TO THE DYE AND LET YOUR NATURAL LIGHT SHINE: A HANDBOOK. While icons like Rihanna and Cara Delevigne have made a fashion statement with silver hair, this book is a love letter to every woman who has ever considered embracing her natural color.
Praise for Silver Hair . . .
—Library Journal, Editors’ Pick
SILVER HAIR addresses the many ways to go silver, along with an overview of the science behind this transformative process:
- How to grow out the dye naturally, without any chemical assistance
- Using highlights, lowlights, and toners to blend color
- When to get a little help from silver color
- The best cuts to help the process along
- Tips on revitalizing wardrobe and makeup routines
- DIY recipes, like Blue Dew Toning Hair Bath and “Berry” Effective Hair Tonic